So I've been working and just hanging out lately. I was recently called to be the Gospel Doctrine team teacher in my ward... I teach for the first time this Sunday so I'll let you know how it goes. It is a very intimidating calling, but I'm excited for it.
As for work, I LOVE my job! It is fun getting to know all the ins and outs of the insurance side of home health care. I also get to see a lot of different diagnoses so I try and figure out what they are then ask if I'm correct... It's funny... The people and company I work for a great. It's very relaxed, but we get the work done. I spent a few days in San Antonio training which was fun. I learned a lot and got to see a friend for lunch.
As for school I am still searching for one. I've heard about a program in Houston that is one year for a Bachlors so I'll see about it. That's pretty fast to get a 4 year degree in, but if it gets it done maybe... I am in the process of getting my CNA and CHHA licenses moved here in Texas from Oklahoma so that I might be able to get a 2nd job and save more money... I figure I don't have much of a social life right now so it wouldn't change much. There is a company that came to talk to us here at my job that is looking for some so maybe I'll call them when I get my license here. As crazy as it sounds I really do enjoy helping other people. Some people can't handle certian things about it, and I couldn't for a while, but you get used to it. I don't want to be a Nurse Aide forever, but it's good to start with. If I play my cards right I can have my RN in a few years and start doing what I really want to do.
So for now that is all I've got... No funny life experiences other than trying to explain to my parents what is so funny about the show "The Office," and what "that's what she said" is all about without feeling uncomfortable. I guess blaming our sense of humor on Grandpa Joe isn't fair, but we all defineatly have his! Oh, and telling your parents who you've frenched kissed is and experience... I don't recommend if you aren't comfortable with talking to them! Anyway... I'll keep you all posted...
No comments:
Post a Comment